Guseva Ekaterina Vladimirovna, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, lecturer, Penza Regional Medical College (5 Lermontova street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Rodionov Mikhail Alekseevich, Doctor of pedagogical sciences, professor, head of sub-department of algebra and mathematics and computer science teaching technique, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Nowadays, scientific literature doesn’t fully present the issues of specialized substantive and methodological analysis of giving instructions in problem-solving of Informatics’ contest tasks to a wide audience of students. This analysis is implemented by means of certain methodological positions that determine the relevance of this study. The purpose of this research is to identify general substantive and methodological peculiarities of giving instructions in problem-solving of Informatics’ contest tasks to pupils and students of non-core professions.
Materials and methods. Revelation of the contest tasks solving stages and their substantive and methodological characteristics are based on the integration of the classical approach adopted in the theory and methodology of giving instructions for problem solving and a certain scheme for solving search tasks using a computer.
Results. The article defines and describes the stages of the contest tasks solving in computer science. They are content objectives, formalization of the problem, development of an algorithm to solve this problem, software implementation, debugging and testing of the program, submitting the solution for validation, calculation, analysis and verification of the results, generalization. The substantive and methodological peculiarities of training problem solving of the described kind are identified, the criteria for the selection of tasks for this work are stressed, and the procedural characteristic is given.
Conclusions. Implementation of the proposed pedagogical decisions significantly increases the efficiency by mastering students’ skills to solve problems in computer science, thus, paying attention to developing the potential content of the computer science course and the related courses at various stages and levels of education. Thus, it has become possible to provide an efficient combination of traditional and computer-based methods of training of giving instructions in problem-solving of the contest tasks. The substantive and methodological peculiarities of training the contest problem solving are disclosed, the criteria for selection of tasks for this work are stressed, and the procedural characteristic is given. It is clear that depending on the level of students’ training the structure of the contest problem-solving can be implemented in a variety of ways and with varying degrees of teacher’s involvement.
1. Borisov N. A. Primenenie novykh tekhnologiy v obrazovanii: materialy XXII Mezhdunar. konf. [Application of new technologies in education: proceedings of XXII International conference]. Troitsk, 2011, pp. 232–233.
2. Kiryukhin V. M. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po razrabotke zadaniy dlya shkol'nogo i munitsipal'nogo etapov vserossiyskoy olimpiady shkol'nikov po informatike v 2012/2013 uchebnom godu [Methodological recommendations on development of tasks for school and municipal stages of the All-Russia informatics contest of pupils in the 2012/2013 academic year]. Moscow, 2012, p. 39.
3. Chernetskaya T. A., Rodionov M. A. Informatika i obrazovanie [Informatics and education]. 2014, no. 3, pp. 36–41.
4. Rekomendatsii po provedeniyu shkol'nogo etapa vserossiyskoy olimpiady shkol'nikov po informatike v 2013/2014 uchebnom godu [Recommendations to conducting the school stage of the All-Russian informatics contest of pupils in the 2013/2014 academic year]. Moscow, 2013, p. 49.
5. Guseva E. V. Integrirovannye elektivnye kursy kak sredstvo profilizatsii obrazovaniya v kadetskikh shkolakh (na materiale kursov matematiki i informatiki): dis. kand. ped. nauk [Integrated elective courses as a means of profile orientation of education in cadet schools (by the example of mathematics and informatics courses)]. Penza, 2012, 243 p.
6. Guseva E. V., Rodionov M. A. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education]. 2013, no. 5. Available at: www.science-education.ru/111-10302 (accessed November 2, 2013).
7. Rodionov M. A., Guseva E. V. Profilizatsiya obrazovaniya budushchikh kursantov voennykh VUZov na osnove organizatsii integrirovannykh elektivnykh kursov: monogr. [Profile orientation of education of future students of military educational institutions on the basis of integrated elective courses organization: monograph]. Penza: PGU, 2013, 188 p.
8. Rodionov M. A., Akimova I. V. Obuchenie shkol'nikov strukturirovaniyu znaniy na osnove ispol'zovaniya programmnykh sredstv obrazovatel'nogo naznacheniya: monogr. [Knowledge structuring training of pupils on the basis of educational software usage:monograph]. Penza: PGPU imeni V. G. Belinskogo, 2010, 180 p.
9. Rodionov M. A., Gubanova O. M. Teoriya i metodika obucheniya informatike: ucheb. posobie [Theory and methods of informatics teaching: tutorial]. Penza: PGPU imeni V. G. Belinskogo, 2012, part 1. Obshchaya metodika, 43 p.
10. Rozhkova D. A., Rodionov M. A. Vestnik Nizhegorodskogo universiteta im. N. I. Lobachevskogo [Bulletin of Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod]. Nizhniy Novgorod: Izd-vo NNGU im. N. I. Lobachevskogo, 2013, no. 5, part 2, pp. 182–185.